Warm Lemon Chicken Salad
- 2 small (400g) skinned chicken breasts, skinless, trimmed of fat
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- ½ cup currants
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (120g)
- 2 carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped (including green tops)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- In a small baking dish place chicken, zest and lemon juice, honey, garlic, herbs, currants and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat both sides then cover with a layer of lemon slices.
- Bake covered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through and chicken juices run clear. Discard herbs, remove chicken to cool and reserve pan juices.
- Place spinach leaves, carrot strips and spring onions in a large serving bowl. Top with thinly sliced chicken, lemon and pan juices. Serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate marinated chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Sweet Potato And Cheese Muffins
Rosemary Lamb With Sicilian Vegetables
Creamy Cannelini Beans and Tomato
All Year Round Fruit Salad
4 Easy Sweet Potato Recipes
Quick Vegetable Stir-fry
Grilled Salmon With Brown Rice Salad
Pumpkin, Leek And Feta Mini Frittata